Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dinos in Spaaaaaaace...

Concept Art: Chris Miller
Concept: Eli Arndt

I am excited to show off a first glimpse at Loud Ninja Game's first product, the Chuhuac, a 15mm scale alien species for miniatures wargaming.

The Chuhuac are a species of aliens that bear a striking resemblance to earthly dinosaurs, more specifically the Dromaeosauridae family that includes such famous dinosaurs as Velociraptor and Deinonychus. An advanced species these aliens fight with lightning fast tactics promoting speed, hit and run, and maneuver over pitched battles.

Pictured above is the Chuhuac style sheet illustrated by the talented Chris Miller aka Biscuit Minions of the Monster Master podcast. It depicts the basic body design, as well as the head and tail variations for the Alpha Leader type and the various weapons that will be included in the first release. The miniatures will be sculpted by Mr. Bug Man, Pedro Navarro, himself.

I hope you enjoyed the advanced look at these upcoming miniatures.

Enjoy,

-Eli

9 comments:

  1. Outstanding, really inspired by this design concept--need to make a Rogue Space version of these guys! Linked you on my Rogue Space site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be doing a few posts on my ideas for who they are and where they come from, but like any good miniatures, I hope folks will adapt them and integrate them into their own universes once they are out.

    Thanks for the link.

    -Eli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, 15mm. Sorry that I didn't specify that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great, Chris' art never disappoints!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm starting to mix my Greenstuff and hopefully I will manage to sculpt these so cool concepts! Good Job Eli!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If Pedro's sculpting can do for Chris' art what Chris's art did for my concept sketches this'll be awesome. Of course I have no doubts about Mr. Bug Man's sculpting talent and skills. I only hope that the level of dynamism I want for these figures isn't beyond the realm of possibility in regards to molding and casting.

    -Eli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck Eli and have fun with LNG.

    ReplyDelete